Refund for Withdrawals
Home » Financial Aid » Student Accounts » Refund for Withdrawals

Please enter a search term to begin your search.

Refund for Withdrawals

Students who wish to withdraw from the university must obtain a withdrawal form from the University Registrar's office and personally process it through the offices listed on that form. Finlandia University complies with the Higher Education Act Amendment of 1998 revisions as they apply to students receiving Title IV funds. Refunds are allocated according to the provisions listed in the Higher Education Act Amendment of 1998 in the following order of priority (starting with Title IV funds):

1. Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
2. Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
3. Federal Perkins Loan
4. Federal PLUS Loan
5. Federal Pell Grant
6. Academic Competitiveness Grant
7. Federal SEOG
8. Other Title IV Aid Programs
9. Other federal, state, or private aid

Tuition, fees, and room and board refunds are disbursed to students who completely withdraw or are dismissed from the university. The refund is based on the portion of the semester already completed at the time of withdrawal as measured from the first day of the semester. The table below outlines approximate refund percentages. Please contact the Office of Student Accounts for actual amounts.

Refund Chart

Portion of Semester
10%   100%
20%   80%
30%   70%
40%   60%



60%   40%
60.1% and over   No Refund