The Finlandia Fund
The Finlandia Fund: A Strong Foundation
A healthy Finlandia Fund is critical to the university and its students; it ensures the affordability of Finlandia's distinct private education experience. Most importantly, the Finlandia Fund enables us to offer institutional financial aid and reduce student need for private loans. In addition, the Finlandia Fund provides the basis for operating support, which translates into well-qualified faculty and staff to support our community-based and niche academic programs, as well as improved facilities, up-to-date instructional aids, and athletic competition. Your annual gift to the Finlandia Fund has a direct, immediate, and major impact on all our students.
If you have questions about the Finlandia Fund, please contactShannon Vairo at (906) 487-7206 or email@example.com.
Who supports the Finlandia Fund?
The Finlandia Fund is the umbrella that covers all gifts given to the university. These are the people who support the Fund:
- Major Gifts
What does the Finlandia Fund support?
- Affordable education: 98% of Finlandia students qualify for financial aid
- Qualified instruction: 93% of faculty hold advanced degrees in their field
- Modernized facilities and instructional technology: A recent renovation and expansion of Finlandia's International School of Art & Design and university-owned incubator, the Lily I. Jutila Center for Global Design and Business
- Practical and unique programs of study: Health Sciences - Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Medical Assistant; Art & Design - entrepreneurship-based fine art and design programs; Business - Accounting, Marketing, Management, Sports Management, and Criminal Justice; Arts & Sciences - Liberal Studies, English, Communications, Psychology, Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, ACE, Elementary Education, and Human Services
- Division III NCAA athletic programs: Men's and women's programs in Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Golf, and Volleyball that emphasize the student in student-athlete. Student-athletes generally have higher GPAs, and higher retention and graduation rates.
Invest in a stronger Finlandia
Your tax-deductible annual donation to the Finlandia Fund accompanies students from admission to graduation. If you are a regular donor, please consider increasing your support. If you haven't yet given, please consider making this commitment today. Your gift to Finlandia University matters!
Giving levels include:
- Nikander Club $10,000+
- Nisonen Associates Council $5,000-$9,999
- Wargelin Council $2,500-$4,999
- Waino "Pop" Lehto League $1,000-$2,499
- Old Main Society $500-$999
- Quincy Club $250-$499
- Minnie Perttula-Maki Circle $100-$249
- Friends of Finlandia University $1-$99
How can I give to the Finlandia Fund?
- Cash, check, or credit card. These gifts provide an immediate impact on Finlandia University. They can be mailed to Finlandia anytime using a post-paid Finlandia University return envelope.
- Matching Gifts. In addition to the Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Matching Gift program, many employers will match charitable donations with a gift of their own.
- Securities. These include donations of stocks, bonds, treasuries, and mutual funds.
- Bequests. A gift to Finlandia through a will or bequest provides future support for the university.
- Life Insurance. By naming the university as a beneficiary to a paid- up life insurance policy, a large gift can be made with little or no financial impact to the donor.
- Retirement Plan Assets. Naming Finlandia as the beneficiary of an IRA, 401K, Keogh, or other retirement plan can result in an estate tax reduction for the donor.
- Personal Property. Assets that will enhance the educational mission of Finlandia University make a lasting and tangible impression.
- Real Estate. Gifts of real estate may reduce or eliminate certain capital gains taxes for the donor.
- Planned Giving. Planned giving options include charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trusts.